I love when the weather warms up and it's salad time - lunch or dinner I am happy to have a big bowl of salad. There are many different salads out there, and often it's just a standard bowl of garden salad - or my version with feta Greek style (without the olives). But I can't pass up a good Caesar Salad. So when I purchased The 21-day Wonder Diet book by Woman's Weekly a couple of years ago - this is one of my favourite salads. Made in under 10 minutes, quick and easy too!!
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 slice rye bread, cubed
- 1 slice prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons skim milk yoghurt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (this is to taste really, I like tart but add less if your not into lemon)
- 1/2 anchovy fillet, smooshed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 hard boiled or poached egg.
- Preheat oven to 180
- Place a rack on a oven tray, then add prosciutto and bread. Pop into oven about 5-10 minutes - its just as long as it takes to do the next couple of steps.
- Add egg to tepid water and bring to boil - or poach as you do!
- Combine yoghurt, juice, anchovy and mustard in a small bowl.
- Quarter and trim the baby cos, wash, and you can toss with dressing or as I prefer, just layer up in your bowl.
- Remove from the oven your bread and prosciutto
- Peel your egg and quarter - or drain the poached one.
- Chop or just crumble your prosciutto over your lettuce, sprinkle on the croutons add your egg and drizzle with dressing - take a seat in the sun and enjoy!!!