This was a yummy and very filling dinner, although the kids opted for a chicken base not a prawn base, but with all ingredients ready not hard to split and cook two meals.
- 2/3 cup White rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1.2kg uncooked king prawns, shelled deveined, tails intact (halve and do 600g chicken if your cooking like me half chicken/half prawn two dishes!! (actually I think it would be nicer without the tails - next time, it looks pretty but eating was a little messy)
- 2 small brown onions, halved, cut into wedges.
- 600g Wombok, sliced thinly
- 2 small carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly.
- Cook rice - We like to cook in the microwave, double the quantity of rice and use this measurement for water and then 16 Min's on high (eg 1 cup rice 2 cups water). Drain.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds, in heated wok; remove from wok and set aside.
- Cook prawns in heated wok and remove.
- Stir-fry brown onion, in heated pan, until tender, return prawns to wok with Wombok, carrot, lemon juice, honey and ginger, stir-fry until hot.
- Serve with rice and sprinkled sesame seeds and green onions. We also topped ours with bean sprouts!!!