1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1/3 cup rice flour
grated rind of 1 lemon, 1 orange & 1 lime
extra caster sugar for sprinkling.
1. Preheat oven to 160c
2. Beat butter & sugar till light and creamy.
3. Stir in flours, & rind; mix till combined.
4. Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead till smooth.
5. Wrap in plastic - refrigerate till firm.
6. Divide dough into half and roll each into a 20cm round, pinch edges and place onto a lined bake tray mark into 8 wedges & prick each wedge with a fork.
OR Alternate steps 5 & 6. push into slice/lamington tray and smooth. Pop into fridge 15mins. Then cut into fingers, prick with fork. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 35mins or until golden. Cut while hot and cool in tin/tray
OR as I did back in 2007 roll out and use the egg rings, remembering to prick them and bake in the rings to keep the perfect shape for popping into the tins.