- 1small brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped finely
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 400g can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Cook onion, garlic and bacon in heated medium saucepan until the onion softens (I like to go over a little here so that the bacon gets some colour). Add undrained tomatoes, paste and mustard, cook stirring, until hot and fragrant. Add beans, cook stirring until beans are warmed through. Sitr in parsley and Serve with a nice slice of rye bread toasted.
Best part is to take your plate with a hot cup of your favourite breaky beverage find a sunny spot and enjoy!!!