A couple of weeks back Kylie emailed me and asked for my fake KFC Chicken recipe, and for the life of me I couldn't put my fingers on it, it's been so long since I cooked it. But with the house renovations happening and the cleaning and culling I have come accross this one which I think sounds delicious, I know it's too late for Kylies Birthday Boys dinner, but I thought I would share, think it might be something I try once the new stove is up and funcitoning (that might even be tomorrow)!!!
Servings: 4Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- 1 whole Chicken
- 4 extra drumsticks
- 1/2 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan Forced. Lightly grease a baking tray. Cut chicken into 4 pieces, removing major bones and skin; Pat pieces dry on paper towels.
2. Place flour, spices and 1 teaspoon salt in a plastic food storage bag; shake to combine. Whisk egg with milk and juice in a shallow dish.
3. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then into flour mixture to coat; shake off excess. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking. untill tender and golden.
Serve with Easy Salsa
1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, diced
1/4 small onion, finely diced
1/4 cup chopped parsley or coriander
1 tablespoon red or white wine vingegar
Combined all ingredients; season to taste with salt and pepper.: Recipes+ Issue 12 september/october 2006