Amie asked me if I had the old forum recips for these neat Christmas chocolate Rocky Road Trees....I did have the recipe but not the one I think she was after....so sadly no pictures...till Amie creates for us.
You need a cone shaped mould which can be made at home by stapling cardboard together in a cone shape or even using a kid’s party hat, and lining it with plastic wrap. Once made, this can store up to 6 weeks in the fridge.
- 1 cup of milk cooking chocolate chips
- 1 cup of marshmallows, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of lollies of your choice (anything easy to cut up, we love red frogs).
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips ( we prefer Dark Chocolate chips)
- Hundreds and thousands, mini M&Ms, Smarties or other small lollies for decoration
1. Melt the milk chocolate chips in a bowl over a pot of boiling water or in the microwave. Cut up the marshmallow and sweets of your choice and place these in the now melted chocolate. Stir lightly to mix and then pour it all into the mould. Secure the mould by standing it in a glass or a jug or a piece of polystyrene, and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Meanwhile melt the white chocolate in a bowl or in the microwave. Remove the now hard rocky road Christmas tree from the mould and even out the base with a knife if needed.
3. Randomly and unevenly pipe or pour the white chocolate on the top quarter of the tree to resemble snow. Place the lollies in the chocolate to look like decorations.