YOU WILL NEED
- 2 Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 Skinless Chicken thigh Fillets
- 4 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Onions, peeled and quartered
- 8 Teaspoons Curry Paste
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds
- 4 Teaspoons peanut butter
- 425g can Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- Coriander or Mint Sprigs to garnish
- Cut the chicken fillets into quarters.
- Heat oil in a non-stick or heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken and cook until sealed, stirring frequently. Cover and set aside.
- Place onions, curry paste, almonds and peanut butter in a food processor or blender. Mix to a chunky textured paste, stopping to scrape down sides when necessary.
- Cook onion/curry mixture on a low heat stirring continuously, for 2 minutes.
- Add Chicken and tomatoes; increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Stir in yoghurt, heat through gently and serve, garnished with coriander or mint sprigs.
We like to serve it on rice with a dollop of natural yoghurt and a spoonful of mango chutney, and of course a side plate of microwaved poppadums.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutesVARIATION
In place of the chicken you could substitute 500g trim lamb or lean beef, cut into strips or cubes.
We also like to add some green beans or even red peppers strips in the last 5 minutes