TRIED it and WE LOVED IT......as choc mint slice biscuits are my hubby's favourite - you know the kind that your sure he snorts the packet it's gone that quick....well this slice was just perfect for his birthday.
Definitely not the thing for daily digestion but as a birthday treat it's perfect and I will be scrapping this recipe to keep it as a new family tradition.....it was loved that much.
YOU WILL NEED
For the base
- ½ x 250g packet plain sweet biscuits, chopped
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g block peppermint chocolate, broken into squares
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 250g dark cooking chocolate
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 tsps hot water
- Peppermint essence and green food colouring, to taste
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base of prepared pan.
- To make filling, melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove. Using a wooden spoon, stir in sugar and eggs. Add flour. Mix well.
- Pour filling over base. Scatter with chocolate squares and push in.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool in pan.
- To make icing, blend icing sugar and water in a bowl until smooth. Add essence and colouring to taste.
- Drizzle icing over brownie. Allow to set. Remove from pan.