Well having just got a phone call from Janet who is craving my 12 hour dinners - and this one in particular....so this recipe share is for them, and I know whilst they eat they will remember us.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 10-15 fresh curry leaves
- sea salt
- 250ml chicken or fish stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 900g skinless salmon fillet
- freshly ground black pepper
- Steamed rice
- coriander leaves
- dollop of yoghurt
- finely diced white onion, diced red tomatoes, salt and pepper - combined to make salsa
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium-low heat.Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally, for the 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the ground coriander, cumin and turmeric, and cook, stirring for another 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the cayenne, tomatoes, curry leaves and 1 teaspoon salt, then pour in the stock. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and lime juice and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into 3cm cubes. Add to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the salmon to finish cooking in the residual heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
***I like to serve this with a fresh tomato and onion relish, and a salad of baby spinach, red onion and cucumbers. Also a nice yoghurt and mint raita.