YOU WILL NEED
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 200ml skim milk
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- sprinkling of demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 210c.
- Grease your muffin pans, I used just a spray oil, but recipe calls or patty cases - yes they might stick if left too cool too long in the tray (but we ate them warm straight from the tray, walked up the street with my oven mitts to enjoy with my neighbour over a cuppa) - I have smaller sizes and managed to get 18 from this mix, I did cook 12 in the morning and leave the mix sitting aside till mid afternoon and did the next 6 for afternoon tea when my Son arrived home from work with coffees :)
- Place flour, brown sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles very fine breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in milk until just combined. (yes i still had floury spots)
- Fold through half the raspberries.
- Fill muffin trays 3/4 full.
- Lightly press remaining raspberries onto the tops of the scones and sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
- Bake for 15 mins, until scones have risen and sound hollow when tapped.
- Don't resist them warm. they are yum. Recipe says to serve with jam and cream, We were happy with them just as is with a nice hot cuppa.