Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pork Saltimbocca with Roasted Vegies


Roasted veggies is a warming thing for us at the moment, and easy to do. I am not doing much cooking, but after a nice ferry ride today, I strolled (aka LIMPED) into Aldi with a what to cook for dinner mission, - the pork schnitzel was on special, BUT ALAS sick daughter and a trainee chef who doesn't want to cook when he gets home and a hubby who is a recipe cook and well me with my gaff leg knows that I just won't be up to crumbing them - so then I spied the prosciutto and thought OK, saltimbocca and veggies sounds good....  so here is how I went about it gaff leg and all.


Bianca washed the spuds, whilst I chopped well cleaned up some mushrooms, corn cobs and baby how cute are these capsicums.


tossed the lot in some olive oil, salt and pepper in the roasting pan and roast for about 40 minutes

OK onto that pork schnitzel - a little piece of cheese and some sage leaves rolled up in a prosciutto layer with a spike - popped on top of the roast veggies 




sprayed the lot with some olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.

popped it into the oven for a further 25mins - praying that I didn't over do the pork.

when just about done, we plated up with a handful of baby spinach, mixed veggies,topped with pork and then a dollop of apple sauce and a drizzle of caramelized balsamic vinegar



No comments:

Post a Comment