- 1/3 pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into small cubes.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 x Bags of spinach leaves or baby lettuce leaves or a mix of both.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or in my case a big slurp
Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Place pumpkin in a single layer in baking dish. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Turn pumpkin. Repeat with oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, turning once, until tender. Set aside.
Place pine nuts on a lined bake tray and roast for 3 minutes or until golden ( and don't forget them)
Place spinach/lettuce mix, pumpkin, parmesan and pine nuts on a salad platter. Drizzle with the balsamic, toss gently to combine.
Serve with any cut of meat or even on its own.