Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lemonade Scones




This recipe was from the Better Homes and Gardens Programme  and it's the one that everyone asks me for the recipe whenever I bake it. It is what we serve at every retreat we have held and almost every 12 hour crop we have held.


 YOU WILL NEED

  • 2 ½ cups Self Raising Flour
  • ½ cup dollop cream
  • Splash of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup lemonade
  • Extra flour for kneading
  • A little water & Raw sugar for sprinkling

Method


  1. Combine together using a knife
  2. Knead together into a rectangle shape
  3. Cut into squares
  4. Pop into greased tin
  5. Dampen the tops and sprinkle with sugar
  6. Bake in a moderate oven approx 20 mins

I usually serve this with the remainder of the dollop cream and some home made raspberry Jam - simply simmer frozen raspberries with enough sugar to taste, and create a nice thick syrup.

Share with whoever you choose – and most of all enjoy!



Edited 15th June 2013

I was baking yesterday for an afternoon tea visitor, and my go to is this recipe, but I didn't have enough dollop cream, without a trip to the shop so I used a mix of natural Greek yoghurt and dollop cream. Then I realised that I didn't have enough White Self Raising flour, so I used half Wholemeal Self Raising Flour and surprisingly I was expecting rocks....but they came up lovely, a little heavier which is to be expected with wholemeal flower but just as nice. I also pressed the mix out and cut these ones traditional style.
Just so you know you can even reheat as I had made a double batch - even warmed in the microwave today they were just as nice. So now I am thinking perhaps next time I might even be daring and add a handful of choc-chips, sultanas, blueberries or some lemon zest maybe even my favourite Bakers Delight Combo of berries and white chocolate....ok brain is rolling cranberries....keep watching this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment