Another Anzac Recipe for you this one comes from one of my favourite supermarket grab magazines
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 150g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 19cm x 29cm (base) slice pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Place butter and syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Combine bicarbonate of soda and boiling water in a jug.
- Remove butter mixture from heat.
- Stir in bicarbonate of soda mixture.
- Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, press mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Serve.
Super Food Ideas - April 2009, Page 72 Recipe by Claire Brookman Makes 24 pieces