Friday, January 2, 2015

Thermomix - Italian Beef Ragu with Piadinas


Trying out recipes for the thermomix, loving my new tool in the kitchen. Natalie suggested the Thermomg Must try for beginners list on facebook today, so we decided to give it a try. OMG smelt amazing, tasted even better, and it's the best flatbread I've cooked, like anything I tend to cook the recipe got tweaked to what I had in the cupboard. So I'll share it here so I can remember.



Piadinas / Flatbread

350g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
60g olive oil
200g water
Add all ingredients into thermomix for 5 seconds on speed 6. 
Then 2 minutes on dough setting. 
Empty out on to Thermomat, this is the recipe as direct from Thermomg blog, but at this point I found it a touch wet, so I dusted some flour on my mat and dough and kneaded for a bit by hand before setting aside for the until the last 15 minutes of my ragu cook. Then divided into 8 potions and rolled into freestyle shapes and cooking in a hot dry pan. Keeping warm in my tortilla warmer.


Italian Beef Ragu ( tweaked due to what was in my cupboard)


2 small onions
4 cloves garlic
2 celery stalks including leaves, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 slices of christmas ham, diced
20g Olive oil
1.2kg gravy beef, chopped
Big handful oregano and basil fresh from the garden
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp homemade veggie stock
100g red wine
50g Worcestershire sauce
400g tin diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste

Into thermomix add carrots and celery for 2 seconds speed 5, place into a bowl and set aside.

Without rinsing, add onion and garlic and chop for 3 seconds speed 5. 
Add ham, oil and return celery/carrot mix and cook for 10 minutes on Varoma Reverse Speed 1.

Add all remaining ingredients and cook for 45 minutes at 100deg on Reverse Speed 1.

ROLL AND COOK FLAT BREADS AFTER SETTING THIS NEXT STEP.

Cook for a further 15 minutes on Varoma Speed 1 removing measuring cup and replacing with basket.

Plate up some Ragu onto a flat bread, add some lemon/olive dressed rocket and drizzle a little natural yoghurt. Enjoy!!!

Lots of leftover Ragu, next time double flatbread or make some pasta that's on my todo list😊


No comments:

Post a Comment